Paying SAG-AFTRA members comes with its own set of rules you have to follow, which is why we put together this checklist.
- We are only able to accept SAG-AFTRA signatory productions that are processing over 20K of payroll
- Onboarding phone calls are required for all SAG-AFTRA productions - before the start of your production
- Exhibit Gs and union start work are required to be shared with Wrapbook for all SAG payroll. We unfortunately cannot process your payroll without copies of your SAG documents
- All SAG actors must be paid via check. SAG does not yet allow for direct deposit funding.
- By Tuesday at 10AM - You are required to add Exhibit Gs to the documents folder and ensure everyone has been correctly on-boarded to Wrapbook to hit SAG deadlines
- All SAG payroll will be processed within 24 hours and not sooner
Unionized talent and crew have to get paid on weekly payroll cycles for their work.
SAG-AFTRA work weeks run Sunday to Saturday, with talent needing to be paid for all work the week after it is performed. This can put a time-crunch on you to ensure that timelines are met accordingly.
Sunday: Ensure everyone is set up. This includes - making sure everyone you are paying has been on-boarded to Wrapbook & your company bank account is linked to pay people.
Monday: Add all union paperwork to the documents folder. Add in gross wages or have your paymaster added for you.
Tuesday: Payroll preview is generated. Confirm the preview by Tuesday at 10PM EST. Send payment for the payroll.
Wednesday: Funds are received and sent to tax withholding agencies.
Thursday: Checks are sent out and unions receive their payroll reports.
In order to process your payroll without delays, we will need to know your SAG P&H percentage as soon as you are aware of it. Please reach out to your paymaster with this information.
Also, be on the lookout for emails from the payroll team during your inital payroll as there may be further questions regarding your contract.
Wrapbook can collect agent fees as a part of the payroll cycle. You will check this box as part of the rate agreement if it applies. This amount will be included on the paycheck which can be sent to either the actor or the agency directly.
Pension and Health
Wrapbook collects SAG-AFTRA pension and health when paying its members, and remits it to SAG-AFTRA benefits.
Your project intake information is used to collect the right percentage of their gross wages in order to remit it to SAG-AFTRA and report it accordingly.
Adding Offline Talent To Wrapbook
While Wrapbook makes collecting employee’s payment information and tax documents painless and digital, sometimes talent will prefer to work with paper documents instead.
Usually represented by an agent or manager, this talent will have to be manually inputed to Wrapbook. To do this, collect their W4, W9 and I9, scan each and upload each to the documents tab.
Notify your paymaster via email once you’ve uploaded their documents.